Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

BUSINESS
Adnane Ben.
Boston USA
Share on facebook
comments.
Islam and The Current Economic Crisis
04:42:02 PM Wednesday Dec 17, 2008

Yesterday, the US government decreased interest rate to almost zero %. But that's just among banks. I guess in an effort to jump-start bank pockets. It doesn't mean that we consumers will benefit from that zero %. Banks will not necessarily want to give people their money while they fear they might not get paid. Does the zero % relate to Islam's directives of Riba somehow? is the US government applying an old biblical solution on economics?

Can you draw any correlation between this economic crisis and Islam's perspective on economics? I assume the subject of Islam's perspective on economics is probably not well understood, but i just thought of throwing the question out there. I'm pretty sure there are many MS and PhD out there specializing in the field. It would be really interesting if a brilliant economist familiar with Islam could introduce new solutions and paradigms into the field.

On another note, given the complexity of today's economics, can ancient religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, add a deep scholarly analysis and project relief. Are the directives of Islam regarding markets and economics (riba, greed, luxury, zakat, charity, trade etc) of any immediate help now? Or are they too strategic?

I came across articles a while ago that claim Islamic banks have not been shaken by the current economic crisis. I have to admit I didn't fully understand the economics jargon used in the text so I didn't get anything out of it.

Here is a relevant article from Mahmoud El Gamal professor at Rice University

Article from Washington Post: Islamic Banking: Steady in Shaky Times

Here is an article from Asharq Al-awssat: Islamic Banks Unaffected by Global Financial Crisis

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

3:17 pm    April 16, 2009

Antr McShaddad (Yahia.L) message
Too bad for those who are at the end of the food chain...

The only way out from this perpetual debt creating system is to return to the gold standard.

·

9:42 pm    April 15, 2009

moha ouhmou message
I’m no guru either but I’ll try to summarize (to the best I can) how the money creation machine works.

Most money creation doesn’t actually happen by printing dollar bills or by issuing coins. It actually happens through a simple and subtle process that doesn’t require much work (if work means printing tons of dollar bills). The machine that creates money is called Fractional Reserve Banking. And it takes place at regular banks. Here is a simplified scenario...

Let say the Federal Reserve decides to add $100 billion into the system. One would think that they’d print it in form of $100 bills. Actually, what happens is different.

1- The Fed will go into the open market and buy $10 billion of US debt in form of bonds (or whatever) from someone (let’s call that someone Entity E1).

2- The Federal Reserve credits electronically Entity E1’s bank account with $10 billion (let’s call that bank, Bank B1).

3- By Law, all banks are required to have only a 10% reserve. What does that mean? It means that at any given time they must have in their reserves only 10% of their actual deposit.

4- Now, based on #3 (10% reserve rule) Bank B1 can keep $1 billion and loan $9 billion

5- B1 loans $9 billion to Entity E2.

6- E2 takes that $9 billion and deposits it in its bank B2

7- At this point, we have 2 banks (B1 and B2) and 2 entities - E1 owns $10 billion and E2 owns $9 billion (loaned). In other words, the money in the system has gone from $10 billion (in step2) to $19 billion (10+9).

8- Bank B2 now has $9 billion as a deposit - thanks to their customer E2.

9- Based on the 10% rule, B2 is required to keep $900 million (10% of $9 billion) in its reserves and can re-inject the remaining $8.1 billion into the market. At that point the money in the system will go from $19 billion to $27.1 billion (19+8.1)

10- This process keeps repeating until out of the initial $10 billion (in step 2) banks create another $90 billion through various loans. At that point the amount accounted for in the entire banking system has gone from $10 billion to $100 billion - $10 billion in real money and $90 billion as “vapor” money.

The Fractional Reserve Banking scheme (or scam) is old. It always creates inflation. This is why many economists argue that the whole Reserve system is rigged in favor of bankers to the detriment of people's paychecks and savings.

·

11:39 am    April 14, 2009

Rasta,

The intrinsic value of $100 bill is 4 cents (costs of the paper, printing and labor). Once it is borrowed to the government (sold at interest), and passed into the street, only then, it can be converted into goods or labor worth $100.

So basically, the "Fed" reserve can create $100 out of walou, or to be precise out of the original 4 cents.

·

9:45 am    April 14, 2009

Rasta Gnawi message
Moha: so I will admit that I am not a Fed guru, but this statement needs some clarification: "The government pays interest on whatever money it gets through the Fed." Are you saying that the Fed lends money to the government, or at least collects a fee for allowing the government to 'clip checks'?

Antr: Does the Fed sell banknotes to the government? And if it did, would it sell a $100 banknote for $100 and cash in $99.96? My understanding is that the Fed obtains the notes from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, which is part of the US Treasury.

·

8:35 am    April 14, 2009

It costs the "Federal" reserve 4 cents to print one banknote.
i.e, When the Fed sells a $100 banknote to the government, it makes $ 99,96 profit .

The FED's books are not open to the public, and can not be audited by any agency. Needless to say that such a private banking cartail does not pay tax (as it should !) for the simple reason that the governemnt itself is the buyer...

Sounds like a "Check mate" to me !

·

12:58 am    April 13, 2009

moha ouhmou message
In that simplified illustration Z would be the Fed, X would be the government.
The government pays interest on whatever money it gets through the Fed.
·

3:25 pm    April 12, 2009

Rasta Gnawi message
Who is Z? the Fed or the government? And in this illustration, how is Z (the Fed or Government) charging X for writing checks?

·

2:55 pm    April 12, 2009

moha ouhmou message
I don't know about "devastating" consequences. Let me put it this way...

Let's say X (an individual) has a checkbook. And X pays his bills by cutting checks from that checkbook (his checkbook). Now, why would X hand the control of that checkbook to Z (another individual) and have Z charge him each time he (X) wants to write a check?

That's exactly what the US Government has done through the creation of a the Federal Reserve. Here is a weird parallel: the CIA hired private companies to conduct interrogations in Iraq. Does it make sense that the CIA actually uses private companies to interrogate and gather information from prisoners? Those private interrogators one might argue have a mandate as well.

It is basically the outsourcing by the government of tasks that should be actually handled by the government. Only in the case of the Federal Reserve it's HUGE because it relates to ALL the money.

·

8:34 am    April 11, 2009

Rasta Gnawi message
It's good that the Fed is not controlled by the government. The consequences would be devastating. The Fed does have a mandate, though, and it reports to the government on the status of its compliance with that mandate (Fed chair testimonies.)
·

6:02 am    April 11, 2009

moha ouhmou message
Original post:
“I came across articles a while ago that claim Islamic banks have not been shaken by the current economic crisis. I have to admit I didn't fully understand the economics jargon used in the text so I didn't get anything out of it.”

That is true most Islamic banks weren't impacted by the current crisis. However, one should understand that they’re fine not because of their distinct method of lending but because they didn’t engage themselves with the US mortgage market. If you look at the crisis from a global perspective, the majority of banks are fine – Europe, Asia, Middle East, etc. Even in the US most small banks were fine. Goldman Sachs itself was slightly hit.

The main reason to the crisis wasn’t interest rates. It was large consumer banks and Wall Street giving away money to millions of people who could never return it back. Hence the term subprime mortgages. Any bank (Islamic or not) or any individual who would engage in handing large amounts of money to people who would never return it will find themselves in trouble. At some point, back in 2005, Wall Street set up what they called NINA loans (NINA = No Income No Assets). Basically they started lending to anyone, even if they didn't have a job or owned any collateral.

·

5:44 am    April 11, 2009

moha ouhmou message
Original post:
“I came across articles a while ago that claim Islamic banks have not been shaken by the current economic crisis. I have to admit I didn't fully understand the economics jargon used in the text so I didn't get anything out of it.”

That is true most Islamic banks weren't impacted by the current crisis. However, one should understand that they’re fine not because of their distinct method of lending but because they didn’t engage themselves with the US mortgage market. If you look at the crisis from a global perspective, the majority of banks are fine – Europe, Asia, Middle East, etc. Even in the US most small banks were fine. Goldman Sachs itself was slightly hit.

The main reason to the crisis wasn’t interest rates. It was large consumer banks and Wall Street giving away money to millions of people who could never return it back. Hence the term subprime mortgages. Any bank (Islamic or not) or any individual who would engage in handing large amounts of money to people who would never return it will find themselves in trouble. At some point, back in 2005, Wall Street set up what they called NINA loans (NINA = No Income No Assets). Basically they started lending to anyone, even if they didn't have a job or owned any collateral.

·

12:10 am    April 11, 2009

moha ouhmou message
"Who does have the authority to determine how much money should be available (or injected into the system) ?
And if one controls the money supply, don't you think he could create "la pluie et le beau temps" ?

That’s what it is - central banks are rainmakers. And in the case of the US, the central bank (Federal Reserve) is not even a government agency. Neither the US government nor Congress controls them. Congress has some oversight, which basically translates into after-the-facts hearings. The Fed is owned by private+public banks - through regional Reserve Banks. It has the power to create money - out of thin air – like for the bailout. And when it does, that dilutes the existing money supply and creates inflation. Many economists argue that the system is inherently corrupt.

·

2:25 pm    April 9, 2009

Rasta Gnawi message
That 'authority' rests with the central bank. Central banks have a mandate to promote growth (for job creation) and limit inflation (price stability.)

They certainly have the power to create disaster through aggressive monetary policy (expansionary or not.) We just place our faith in that the people who are appointed are learned and responsible. The system seems to work, the most recent crisis notwithstanding.

I actually don't know how much influence BIS has.

·

1:58 pm    April 9, 2009

Correct :

I meant BIS not CIB ( http://www.bis.org/ )

·

1:55 pm    April 9, 2009

Since the interest rate (or profit for selling bank notes on credit) depends on offer/demand, a couple of questions arise:

-Who does have the authority to determine how much money should be available (or injected into the system) ?
And if one controls the money supply, don't you think he could create "la pluie et le beau temps" ?

CIB, Bank of international settlements (mother of all banks) remains on the top of all Earthly laws as far as I know...does this corporate institution deserve a divine trust or should there be a law controlling its activities ?

·

11:23 am    December 19, 2008

Rasta Gnawi message
It seems to me that one needs to make a difference between economics as a field of social study and research, economic policy as an action instrument that affects people's behaviour, and finance as a transaction facilitator.

I don't think there is such a thing as Islamic economics, but there certainly are policies that are compatible or incompatible with Islam. Maybe the issue of interest rate comes up as a differentiator since economics tends to be focused on money supply and quantity of money issues. But let's face it, money does have a price, whether you call it interest rate, banking fee, financing fee, etc. it comes to you at a cost and you give it out at a cost.

Finance on the other hand is a set of contractual arrangements, and Shari3a has ample scope of dealing with those contractual arrangements.

·

6:07 am    December 18, 2008

Islam Economic message
My friend...
I lunched a site that talks about this. Please visit www.islameconomic.com
I collected many articles, so if you don't understand one, please keep reading.

IslamEconomic.com

·

8:41 pm    December 17, 2008

hakim message
clarification: the interest was not lowered to zero but almost zero, it is 0.25%.
·

Adnane Ben.'s notes (341)

Fri 4/27 6-9 pm: Amazigh Spring Concert in NYC..

Algeria and Tunisia Are Trying To Breathe..

Another Wonderful Film from Algeria: Mascarades!..
Talk Back to Your Energy Core..
What a complicated war! what a warm music!..
Can Anthropologists and Social Scientists Help Prevent or St..
Moderate Muslims: What Does it Mean?..
Craigslist Accordion..
Royal Air Maroc: Deal or No Deal?..
You mean people in politics do not necessarily have universi..
Morocco Pays Full Repatriation Fees of a Deceased?..
A Bottom Line or a Red Line Petition?..
Michael Moore On The Planned Islamic Center in New York..
Middle Eastern Gnawa..
Islamophobia on the Rise in America? ..
Heavy Metal Morocco..
The Maghrib that I love..
Some Congressman Blows Up Over National Debt..
Moroccan Avatars I..
The Saidia Beach in Morocco is Angry!..
My Squared Kufi: Family ..
Spiritual Poems Performed by Moroccans..
Palestinian Avatar..
Gmail Buzz..
The Saviors of Humanity in the 21st Century: McAfee of the S..

Moroccan Turns Waste into Effective Use..
:) سبب توقف ا..
The Charter To Dismantle The Arabs..
Abd Al-Qadir Al-Jilani: On The Meaning of Ritual Worship and..
A Perspective on Woman Virginity: Sheikh Khaled Al-Joundi..
WHY IS the Arab world -- let us speak with terrible sharpnes..
Lammalless Lands Again Yet Another Funny Video ;) ..
Free-spirited Young Moroccans..
Georges Moustaki: Le Métèque..
Wali of Oujda Giving Students a Final Exam on the First Day ..
Modern Morocco Lives Off Old Baraka..
Algeria Unleashes Its Sitcom Wings: Jam3i Family..
Human Tetris: I haven't laughed like this in a while! :)..
La7kaam Game Japanese Style..
Nedjim Bouizoul: The Gypsy Maghrabi Genre is Born..
Follow raioo's twittering zawej..
Mostapha Skandrani: The Mozart Chaabi Virtuoso..
USAID Opportunity in Morocco..
Urban Road Biking: America Takes On a New Passion!..
Michael Jackson: May God Bless You Brother..
Kesang Marstrand and Khobz Sh3ir..
Lesson of Respect..
تـلـمسـا..
Will Morocco's Saidia Beach Survive? Fadesa = Fade7a ~..
The First Moroccan Parliament Representative of Moroccans in..
How To Cook Bibi ..
Nouria El Yacoubi From Figuig: Moroccan Champion of Karate C..
Akhir Phenomene Maghribi F Miricane..
Moroccan Behavior Towards Law Enforcement: A Car Boot Case S..
I Play Soccer (El'Foot) Like a Binocular-Equipped Japanese ..
Moroccan Weddings Under One Roof..
Government Motors Propaganda, But Still Better Than McCain..
BAC 2009..
My Dream Gadget..
The Future Of Cigarettes Looks Brightly Blue..
Dialogue with a Moroccan Farmer Faqir (1975 Kevin Dwyer)..
Nador and Hashish..
Please Complete Survey about Language Code-switch..
Moussier Tombola: Dédicasse au Maroc..
Become Who You Are ~ Nietzsche..
ABDERRAHMANE PACO: THE LEGEND..
From Torino to Morocco..
Morocco Therapy..
Sourate Arrahmane in Kabyl Berber..
Deux Zach C'est La Guerre, Attention Le Loup Est Revenu.. FO..
Bird-Men ~ Any Moroccans Dare?..
From The Treasures Of Arabic Morphology: Min Kounouzi Assarf..
Words of Advice From A Moroccan Sheikh..
Sheikh Party? Sadaqa? Entertainment? Serious Worship? What i..
Boston 5K Race/Walk To Send Medical Equipment To Morocco..
Muslim in SLAMI ~ MY RESPECT!..
What is Saved of My Old Animation Archive: Sheikh Wins!..
Sala Morocco's Cha3bana et La Tradition Du Malhoun..
WOW! The Most Beautiful Moroccan Song of 2009 by Malhoun X..
Great American Public Entertainment in Paris: Street Dancers..
My Interview About The Role of The Internet in The Life of M..
Tai Chi Semlalia: Classic Moroccan-dubbed Martial Arts Film..
Nice Songs About Henna Tradition in North African Weddings..
Oujdawood is Whipping Some Film Ass!..
Houari Manar: A Rising Star, A Gloomy Rainbow For Others..
Why Did Boston's MACCA Drop The Moroccan in MACCA?..
Moroccan Mobile Consulate: Boston March 21-22, 2009..
Why Mother Damia Has a Moroccan Tatoo and a Jewish Innoculat..
Do you love me? do you, do you?..
James Brown's Cape Finale (Boston, MA '68)..
James Brown: Please, Please, Pleeeease.. and Nomore Trivial ..
Obaid Karki: British Depravity in Dubai Sex-On-Beach..
حلاقة الم..
Raioo Speaks Arabic: Type in Arabic Without A Sweat!..
How To Type in Arabic Using Your Keyboard for Windows..
ATMAN: Algerian Batman Spoof..
Is Hollywood Abusing Morocco?..
Abdelkader Secteur: L3id Lekbir..
Abdelkader Secteur: Kelb wel 7mar 7ashakoum!..
Pro-Israel Rally Features Low IQ..
How is the economy crisis in the west affecting Morocco?..
Nice Programming from elmuhajer.com: The Culture of Immigrat..
Libyan Soccer Video Game Star in the Making..
Obama's Stimulus Package Already in Effect in Morocco..
Bush and the Mysterious Handshakes..
Never Get a Police Ticket Again!..
Middle East, USA and Israel As seen By Michel Collon..

Gaza 2008 Crisis: Is Winning the Heart of the Eagle The Answ..
Islam and The Current Economic Crisis..
If Only Obama Picks Peter Schiff As Special Advisor..
Beat Box Man From Doukala..
I Don't Trust Moroccan Officials: Why?..
So You Think You Can Dance Like a Moroccan Gypsy?..
My First Moroccan Almond Truffles!..
Cooking with Alia..
Town Hall Meeting in DC Regarding MAC (Moroccan American Coa..
Highlights of a Meeting: El Yazami President of the Council ..
Please Donate For Mariam: A Cancer Child in Boston from Iraq..
Congratulations Barack Obama!..
American 401k and Moroccans..
Mounib Feeling Well and on TV..
A Beautiful Moroccan Quran Recitation by Abdel Hamid Hssayn..
Tzawaj Magalha Liya Grows Wings!..
How to eat a watermelon..
Looking for US-based Travel Agent to book a flight or tour t..
Drop Down Pants! ..
Muslims in America: An Experiment...
Buy From Your Local Farmers Market !..
Yassir Chadly: An Inspiring Multi-dimensional Moroccan in Am..
Moroccan Club Dance Night: 30+ Proper Attire Brown Camel-ski..
Conversations About La7rig (Illegal Immigration)..
Shakira Wa Akhawatouha..
Moul Taxi: A Trip to the Airport..
Morocco on Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern..
Hanane Fadili Strikes Again..
Freedom of Expression According to Raouf Ben Yaglane..
Cheikha Djennia & Cheikh Djilali Tiarti..
My Taste of a Christian Moroccan Interfaith Dialogue..
Angels singing Allah Ya Moulana by Nass Elghiwane..
A Call From Algeria to Help Suffering Little Boy Mounib!..
La Secheresse... de l'internet et de ezzehar..
Parents and Family from the perspective of an immigrant..
Do you want to Volunteer Abroad? VOLUNTEER in Morocco ~ Sign..
Moroccan Playing Cards Game ronda v1.0..
Sid El-Miloud 2008: Koul 3am Wentouma Bkhir..
NEW: Raioo Groups..
Call to Moroccans in Greater Boston: Help Provide Meals For ..
Moroccan American Television Program..
A promotional video for the Al Huda Summer Camp in Maine..
Une compo intitulée Alger..
Sidi Mohamed Ouali (Ou3li): Berber..
Moroccan Amazigh girl name "illy": DENIED...
What's That Song in the Kia Spectra Commercial?..
A Beautiful Burda Recitation!..

In Memory of My Father-in-law, Si La7bib..
Al-Qaeda Freak Show in North Africa..
The Girl Who Picked Up A Moroccan Rose..
Les Oiseaux De Figuig!..
Paul Bowles: A Witness of Moroccan Traditional Storytelling..
Mick Jagger of Algeria!!..
ZOGO: Rock Fusion Hailing from Algeria Lalaland!..
Cheb Mami, The Fugitive Prince!..
Local Moroccan Businesses, freelancers and services Deserve ..
From Los Angeles to Casablanca!..
Halloween SPECIAL 2007: La Mort D'une Souri!..
Looking for a Moroccan folkloric harvest hymn....
Allah Made Me Funny @ Boston..
MPK20: Sun's Virtual Workplace..
Morocco Mall 2010: Largest Shopping Mall of North Africa..
U.S. House Passes Historic Ramadan Resolution..
Looking for Arabic or French to English Translator..
Dr. Hassan Al-Turabi..
My Top 5 List of Quran Recitors 2007..
Samurai Jack of Algeria..
This Moroccan Barry! and his Baraka Men La3yaqa..
Doodling: Sheikh L7ouma..
How Moroccans Put Together a Government..
Hillareous Cat Wrestles Mouse claymation!..
ABSOLUTE RAIOO Summer 2007 Rai vol.2..
ABSOLUTE RAIOO SUMMER 2007 RAI Vol 1..
Oujda Folkloric Musicians after a long day....
Iwighd Adar by Amarg Fusion !!!!..
Alalla Yallali ft. Nabila..
Jews Support the Boston Mosque..
The a la Menthe: Maghreb French RAP..
Ya Ghrib !..... ft. Khaled, Lamine, Rai NB..
Hazzou Bina La3lam: Hajja Hamdaouia!..
Ha Elkass 7loo: Hajja Hamdaouia ft. Hamid..
Boston Moroccan Tennis Club: Mini Tournament 2..
Sidi Hbibi by Mano Negra - the unexpected :)..
Le Bachir ..
Cheb Mami.. L'ancien :) Pas Le Nouveau :(..
Summer Hidden Stress..
Fanfaraï - Rai Cuivre !..
Darouha Biya Mchaw L'Mekka w'Khallawni..
CHEB ANOUAR!..
Zoo Event Organized by Al Huda..
Navigating post-divorce..
Just what is Civic Engagement?..
To Fly Boston <-> Morocco or Not..
Meetings with Moroccan Consultative Council on Human Rights..
J'irais dormir chez vous au Maroc..
Support Morocco Autonomy Initiative to solve the Sahara issu..
Les Frères Zergui..
On the Word "Plethora"..
When The Moors Ruled In Europe..
Ya Rassoul..
BARRAKA duet Cheb Khaled & Chebba Zahouania..
Cheba Zohra & Mahadattes de Rilizane..
SKyouz Me While I Light My Spliff!..
HAMIDOU, Algeria's Playboy!..
First mnanauk. Then mahdisean!..
Karima Skalli, Nassima et Leila Hejaiej..
Rym Hakiki: Matsalni Ma Ansalek..
The Road To Guantanamo..
Matejebdoulich by Djenet..
Cuban Chaabi! Guantanamera!!..
Hadj Menouer: El Batoul !..
Parske Ana Nebghi Wahran Bezzaf!..
I declare Moe a Star!..
Ahl Zin El Fassi!..
Morocco on current TV..
My South Park Character!..
Ummah Films on current.tv !! HELP NEEDED..
Ana Smayti Sa3id!..

Al-Hawli Jokes..
Zawiya Qadiriya Boudchichiya Open Air Speech..
US Patent by Sa Majeste H. Roi du Maroc..
Jahh Bless Mon! Feeling down to earth tonight!..
Cannot Believe These Idiots!..
NESS LA CITY: All?e Sans Retour! LOL..
When Lotfi Attar Rides Matabkish wave! You Lissann mon!..
KUDOS TO Cheikh Sidi Bemol & Band!!..
No Comment! DARRITOUNI.....
Mortality Meets Online Status..
Michael Richard Busted and Sorry!..
The UMMA Clinic..
Hanane Fadili Take on Shouaffa(tt)..
Hijab: Strict Code or Fashion Barcode ..
To The Fasting Darling..
Rimitti: Ana Li Ghrasset aNakhla....
Reminiscing Tex Avery Cartoons!..
Happiest Guy in Morocco!..
The Super-cool Hanane Fadili..
Cette Affaire d'Avions ? Londres..
Watch 2M Television..
American Muslim Fun Video Blogging!..
Open War in the Middle East?..
Touche Po a Mon Zidane!..
Ronaldinho Joined Zawya....
Marock!..
Draw Live!..
Zoo Animals Need e'space..
Les ABRANIS: Prodigy of Rockabyl..
Sofiane Saidi: Cet Algerien Trip-rai Hopper..
Lemchaheb Legacy ..
Zahra Hindi, Beautiful You!..
Jajouka's Winds of Moroccana..
Google Language Translation: English to/from Arabic..
Aziz Mekouar, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Morocco to the US..
Google Shoots Microsoft.. One.. More.... Time!..
Monsieux Mehdi Ben Barka: Un Marocain Assassiné Qui Visait P..
Yale, Taliban and Weld L'Hashemi....
Near-eastern Muslim Scholars..
Three Algerians on Highway =]..
Moroccan Riverdance!..
Moroccan Candle-toe Dance..
Moroccan Qassida: Vraie Poesie!..
LA3MARNA Legacy..
Chilling Like a Mqedem in Morocco..
Alone in the Wilderness..
Are Iranians and Americans Blowing it Up?..
Are we a virus..?..
How come Morocco is silent to Dalfour, Sudan?..
Barreling Towards an Iraqi Civil War..
Pomme and Kelly ..
Intelligent Design and Evolution in not so American lands..
The Prophets animated by Steve Whitehouse..
More with Claudio Bravo..
Muslim Texans..
Hajj Stampede Gone Ugly!..
Self-portraits 001-002..
Why Faith?..
Online 7awli Souk!..
2006 !..

Derbouka Bled Attack..
Adopted HIV kids from Romania..
Operation Mapping Raioo Love!..
They burnt themselves.. Come'on!..
My Winamp Skin: The New Beetle..
The Forbidden Zone film that electrified me!..
Cousins skyblogging..
Chilean artist in Morocco..
Moroccan Blue tops colors!..
Osama in FAMILY GUY..
Baraka Art..
Itsy Bitsy knowledge..
The most misunderstood [and growing..] world religion, Islam..
Moroccan Christians..
Polygamy in USA..
Architecturing to joy!..
This Moorish cult in America..
The Magnificient King Vulture..
Al-Rashid and the Fart..
On the subject of Evil Eye..
Anecdote on Life and 3ibada..
Anecdote on Giving in Time of Need..
T-shirt design: L'Amoureux!..
Craig Thompson art..
The Real Origin of Smileys :)..
T-shirt design: Happy Sailor!..
T-shirt design: threadless in Kufi..
T-shirt design: Magic e-lamp..
My August '05 T-shirt Designs ..
Your Living Space..
The Raioo Story: 2. in the garden..
The Raioo Story: 1. intro..
Arabic Beat and Instrument Music Wanted!..

RA?NA RAI Legacy..
Algerian Chaabi..
Nour L'Koufi (Gharnati)..
Hidalgo in Morocco..
Le Secret d'Elissa Rhais..
Imam Shafii. Soni N'nafssa..
Feqqas (Moroccan Biscuiti)..
Casablanca Connect..

ZEBDA! Un Groupe Genial!..
Al Moutanabbi. Idha Ghamarta..
Imam Shafii. sa'fir tajid 3iwada..
boston.food.Tangierino..
Long Distance Honey ..
The Working Wife and Husband..
The Hammam Public Bath: Do you still go there?..
Hip Hop Classic Favorites!..
Down With Love..
Lord Of The Rings..
How To create a Moroccan remix of a video clip ? ..

Why we don't eat Porc?..
Do You Play Music?..
Hidoura: Your Moroccan Natural Carpet..
Khaddouj Slam-dunking From Marrakesh To New York..

FAVORITES
Hmida Rass Lmida à L'Avare de Molière!
Moroccan City Names
Shining ability is a gift...
Halloween SPECIAL 2007: La Mort D'une Souri!
Cheikha Rimitti: 83 Years of Life...
Why do we pray ?
short ones
ABSOLUTE RAIOO Summer 2007 Rai vol.2
Cheba Zohra & Mahadattes de Rilizane
Close Encounters of the Moroccan Kind!
Biyouna
Another attempt at writing. Will this language ever feel natural?
North Africa Journal
Moroccan Tattoos
From Los Angeles to Casablanca!
Amina Alaoui Lyrics
Dr. Hassan Al-Turabi
Vulgarity as revolution: Lemsakh we tsalguit
Les Oiseaux De Figuig!
ghir bessyas a moulay!
QURAN FLASH
Moroccan Playing Cards Game ronda v1.0
A Call From Algeria to Help Suffering Little Boy Mounib!

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!