Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

FILM.TV
Rasta Gnawi
boston, ma Massachusetts USA
Share on facebook
comments.
Cartoon Memories
07:55:22 PM Tuesday Aug 28, 2007

This one needs no introduction. I love grandizer. Ramadan is coming soon. Nothing like waiting for lhrira and lmsemmen while popping a grandizer dvd in and watching vega vega ufo's get smoked.

And how about this one: Al Jaa'iza lkubra. You guys remember Takaya Todoroki? I used to love the ending song

The content of this page ógraphics, text and other elementsóis © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

11:48 pm    September 3, 2007
arabie
Rasta, yes buddy I remember Ulysse. Honestly I would have never remembered it. "Les mondes engloutis" is the actual name of the cartoon I refered to as Arcadia. I used to love their opening song. Here it goes:

Now the hairy character i referred to in my last posting was in a different cartoon also about weird characters traveling from one galaxy to another.

P.S., Good luck with your grad school. Been there and I feel you my friend

8:17 pm    September 3, 2007

Rasta Gnawi message
Arabie,

I made a mistake. Arcadia is different from Ulysse. My bad. Here is the Ulysse I was talking about [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Fqy8NTiCY]in this clip.

Sorry compadre.

8:03 pm    September 3, 2007

Rasta Gnawi message
I remember Arcadia. The hero was Ulysse and they traveled arround space reliving old greek mythical stories of Zeus and company.

For some reason it was never a big hit in wujda. It was in French and showed in the Moroccan channel (RTM). Two strikes.

I'll see what I can do about the DVD's. Grad school starts soon, so very little free time.

5:54 pm    September 3, 2007
arabie
Dude, what's up with the double posts? Why does that happen every time submit a comment. I know I didn't hit submit twice. Seems to me like a little bug in the submit button handler :) Let's see if this one will show up twice as well.

5:50 pm    September 3, 2007
arabie
Adnane, I love you man! I cannot believe you found that song. And yes I used to go nuts for that crazy noodle-monger Ninja.

Rasta: Alah ya weddi!!! shkoun li may 3ref "Abtal al-mal3ib" and "Jazirat al kanz" it's too funny when you hear this words again. Such a long time, innocent time. Please hook us up with the DVDs

How about:
"Hakada l7ayat" I think, the cartoon that almost turned kids into medical doctors :)
"Arcadia" I think, a French cartoon that had weird characters form out of space and they always to go to these crazy planets. It had one character that was all hairy with only eyes showing, he had very high-pitched voice and loved to sing.

Ila li9a2 ya 2asdi9a2

4:54 pm    September 3, 2007
arabie
Adnane, I love you man! I cannot believe you found that song. And yes I used to go nuts for that crazy noodle-monger Ninja.

Rasta: Alah ya weddi!!! shkoun li may 3ref "Abtal al-mal3ib" and "Jazirat al kanz" it's too funny when you hear this words again. Such a long time, innocent time. Please hook us up with the DVDs

How about:
"Hakada l7ayat" I think, the cartoon that almost turned kids into medical doctors :)
"Arcadia" I think, a French cartoon that had weird characters form out of space and they always to go to these crazy planets. It had one character that was all hairy with only eyes showing, he had very high-pitched voice and loved to sing.

Ila li9a2 ya 2asdi9a2

5:39 pm    August 31, 2007
3abir sabil
Rasta gnawi:I would like to see "SamuraÔ Jack".The drawing characters is some thing new for me.Thank you.

5:30 pm    August 31, 2007

hudhud message
it's funny how we get all nostalgic about these cartoons :o)) personally when I get sick that's what I do every single time, I curl up on the couch in front of an old tape of cartoon and just fall asleep to the theme music. never fails =)
anyone knows "el ghabatoul khadraa" ? maybe it had a different name.

9:27 am    August 31, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
OK, I'm not even going to introduce this next one, you guys mentioned it before.. you know exactly what that melody does to your neural networks! you know what those fresh colors do to you, blue sky, green grass! perfect world:

Here is SINAN !

By the way, to insert videos like this, just copy/paste the embed code that youtube, google or other sites already provide. You can't display images yet, I'll add that ability eventually.

9:04 am    August 31, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
I forgot to include EPISODE 7 as well to complete the story:

EPISODE 7 PART 1/2

EPISODE 7 PART 2/2

The guy at the end is introduced for the first time, and the next episode 8 focuses on his story, and explains why he does what he does.

8:57 am    August 31, 2007

Rasta Gnawi message
Ok this one is an oldy but goody for people who are truly down with the old japanese cartoons. Anyone remembers Abtal lmala3ib... Hamidou and his gang bending soccer balls. How about jazzerat l kanz?

So since there is good interest in these cartoons, here is what I propose: I have the DVD's to grandizer, jazeerat lkanz, and abtal lmala3ib. Adnane can put together a little competition here on raioo, a game of some sort, and the winner gets one of the DVD collections (I'll have to burn them 'cause I especially don't want to part with Grandizer; Ramadan is just arround the corner.)

Thoughts?

8:45 am    August 31, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
I'm not sure if you all remember this cartoon but it was another classic in the golden age of cartoons. I grew up watching the Algerian TV channel and they usually broadcasted new cartoons months earlier than RTM or 2M or different cartoons altogether, so you might not have seen it. It's called Ninja Kabamaru.. ninja, Ninja Ninnnja bataloun ma7boub.. He used to love food, and especially noodles!

Enjoy this full episode

EPISODE 6 Part 1/2

EPISODE 6 2/2

8:33 am    August 31, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
arabie - I was hooked on that cartoon too from start to finish. The kid was called Faress. Here are the opening and closing clips:

11:20 am    August 30, 2007
arabie
Sorry about the double post. I simply refreshed the paged after I had clicked the "Submit your comment" button then I saw the double post. Adnane, could you please do clean up my mess.

Thanks buddy!

11:17 am    August 30, 2007
arabie
Grandizer started at 12:30pm right before Níchrat L-Akhbar. Everyone was hooked on this cartoon, kids as well as grownups. We used to watch this cartoon during the 12-2pm lunch break from school. When it was time for this cartoon to start, my dad would yell my name and younger brother's name to come to "Beet Lglass" for me or my brother to switch the channel to Grandizer. hahhahah We all knew he wanted to watch it as much as we did. So we sometimes messed with him and started watching Grandizer in a different room hahahaha. My mom, however, was not too happy about the cartoon because she had to go through, "Koul a weldi, grandizer ma ghadish iweklek" every single day. Sometime, she would have to remind my dad to eat too. Man, what fond memories with Grandizer!!!

I used to LOVE cartoons. To the point of running like a mad kid just as we were released from school, about 5 minutes until 6pm, only to make it home at 6pm and catch the first one. Dripping sweat I take my shoes off as if they were on fire, say a quick hello to the family, give mom the I-am-back-home kiss, and pick my favorite spot on the floor to lay down on belly facing the TV. Still sweating, Iíd be drinking the usual 9ahwa ou 7lib and snaking on butter and Jam spread on bread while absorbed in the cartoon. I didnít matter if you yelled my name three times in a row at top of your lungs, I simply wouldnít hear you. My hearing usually came back right at 7pm when cartoons were over :)

One song I really liked, and I kid you not had a major impact on my personality, is about a little boy who lost his dad and was training to become a boxer. This little boy made it a daily habit to climb up a telephone pole and peek thru a speeding-trainís widows in hopes to spot his dad amongst the passengers. This everyday desperate act developed an advantage or super power for this a little boy as he now can see the regular real-time speed of moving objects in slower speed than a normal person would. Hence it made him a better boxer. Anyway, back to the song. It starts like this "Bi ljiddi wa l3amal nou 7a9i9ou lamal, wa....." sorry that's as far back my memories I can take. I know not far at all :)

If you know the cartoon (Al-Fatah E-choucha3 I think) I am talking about and have a video clip of it, please please please post it on here. Thanks.

Ila Li9a2 Ya 2assdi9a2 :)

11:13 am    August 30, 2007
arabie
Grandizer started at 12:30pm right before Níchrat L-Akhbar. Everyone was hooked on this cartoon, kids as well as grownups. We used to watch this cartoon during the 12-2pm lunch break from school. When it was time for this cartoon to start, my dad would yell my name and younger brother's name to come to "Beet Lglass" for me or my brother to switch the channel to Grandizer. hahhahah We all knew he wanted to watch it as much as we did. So we sometimes messed with him and started watching Grandizer in a different room hahahaha. My mom, however, was not too happy about the cartoon because she had to go through, "Koul a weldi, grandizer ma ghadish iweklek" every single day. Sometime, she would have to remind my dad to eat too. Man, what fond memories with Grandizer!!!

I used to LOVE cartoons. To the point of running like a mad kid just as we were released from school, about 5 minutes until 6pm, only to make it home at 6pm and catch the first one. Dripping sweat I take my shoes off as if they were on fire, say a quick hello to the family, give mom the I-am-back-home kiss, and pick my favorite spot on the floor to lay down on belly facing the TV. Still sweating, Iíd be drinking the usual 9ahwa ou 7lib and snaking on butter and Jam spread on bread while absorbed in the cartoon. I didnít matter if you yelled my name three times in a row at top of your lungs, I simply wouldnít hear you. My hearing usually came back right at 7pm when cartoons were over :)

One song I really liked, and I kid you not had a major impact on my personality, is about a little boy who lost his dad and was training to become a boxer. This little boy made it a daily habit to climb up a telephone pole and peek thru a speeding-trainís widows in hopes to spot his dad amongst the passengers. This everyday desperate act developed an advantage or super power for this a little boy as he now can see the regular real-time speed of moving objects in slower speed than a normal person would. Hence it made him a better boxer. Anyway, back to the song. It starts like this "Bi ljiddi wa l3amal nou 7a9i9ou lamal, wa....." sorry that's as far back my memories I can take. I know not far at all :)

If you know the cartoon (Al-Fatah E-choucha3 I think) I am talking about and have a video clip of it, please please please post it on here. Thanks.

Ila Li9a2 Ya 2assdi9a2 :)

10:37 am    August 30, 2007

hudhud message
easy. make regular scrambled eggs, then stuff them into a pita bread and drizzle a little bit of honey inside.

9:06 pm    August 29, 2007

Rasta Gnawi message
eggs and honey sandwiches? I've got to try that one.

3abir ssabil: manga was beautiful. Grandizer was more tasteful than some of the stuff that comes out of Manga studios these days. The art-work seems stale these days and the story lines are not very innovative.

6:02 pm    August 29, 2007

hudhud message

6:00 pm    August 29, 2007

hudhud message
childhood memories!!!! we'd be watching this and eating scrambled egg-and honey sandwiches with a big glass of milk :o))

5:52 pm    August 29, 2007

hudhud message
hmm. when i was a kid we watched belle wa sebastien, sindibad and baba sanfour and the smurfs, al ghabatoul khadraa, pink panther, and mr. gadget. dunno bout this whole grandizer thing .. i guess the closest we got to grandizer was the transformers.. =) i must be too young to relate :o)))
i loved the theme song to belle wa sebastien. in kounta fi khatarin jamid, belle sawfa yejri ilayk, younqithouka wa yadourou hawlaka innahou yakshaa alayk. yahya, yahya saadiqan! belle! wa sebastien!! =)

11:23 am    August 29, 2007
3abir sabil
Hummmm...Grandizer !! The music is excellent but the manga styl of drawing is facinating.Take a look at the site "how to draw manga cartoons??":
http://www.mangarevolution.com/tutorials.php

5:44 am    August 29, 2007
cool
WAAAAAAAAAAW!!!! JE ME RAPPEL TRES BIEN DE GRANDIZER CA ME RAPPEL MON ENFANCE QUAND JE REVIENT DE L ECOLE
SALI AUSSI SINAN ET PLEIN D AUTRES...

3:43 am    August 29, 2007
MBOUCHI
AWAH ! KHAWWWWWAR!!
TO shake memory is a hard exercise, but we have to do it. It 's imperative & necessary for us.

Rasta Gnawi's notes (63)

Ramadan Mubarak..
Raioo versus Facebook..

Mercy..

eid?..
Ramdan Mabrouk..
rantings on a cloudy day..
Sardines..

drought..
salma salma..
Arabica..
agricultural / energy policy..
Doucement :)..
Mebrouk Remdan..
ghir bessyas a moulay!..
ONB - anyone going to concert or has tickets?..

Darfur..
Friday or Saturday?..
douga douga..
Cartoon Memories..
mudhakkiratou rihlati ljanoub..
From Africa, with love..
great film..
spicy chocolate..
a treat for you..
Nice piece for your weekend activities..
Another attempt at writing. Will this language ever feel nat..

Eid Mebrouk..
satellite..
Mebrouk Ramdan..
mshwi..
old fiction..
MS Mess..
their life... our life... their life.....
Islamic punk rock..
One Love..
free speech..
Resources..
Hammam ruminations..
old paintings..
date deals..

dmv..
book..
casa..
vortex..
name of the rose..
mostafa Akkad..
Eurika..
audioslave..
Paris riots..
Eid Mabrouk..
NYT lamb..
recipe..
badi3..
a pause from madness..
garden..
desert nights..
brain freeze..
organized tours..
passport on vacation..
good attire..
Hot day..

eCommerce..
Econ - Biz - What's The Pulse..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!