Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

LOOKING FOR..
janet
pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA
Share on facebook
comments.
looking for moroccan baby girl names
07:52:33 AM Tuesday Oct 28, 2008

My husband is from Morocco and I am pregnant with our second daughter. We are having trouble agreeing on a name. Our first daughter is Laila and it was really easy to find and we agreed right away. This time every name I like he tells me is old in Morocco. Every name he likes is hard for me or other people or family to pronounce. I am trying to find a name that is easy for Americans to pronounce and still popular in Morocco. Please help us if you can! Thanks!

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

12:31 pm    November 13, 2008

Moorishman message
Souraya
Assia
Soundouss
Amina
Leena
Yasmina
Hajar
Nadia
Kamar
Zaynab
·

12:52 pm    November 10, 2008

Adnane Ben. message

Alima Arabic Girl Alyma, Ali, Allie, Ally, Aly, Alimah, Alymah
Jenna Arabic Girl Jennah, Jennie, Jena
Nur Arabic, Muslim Girl Nure, Nurie, Noore, Noor
RoseLaine Latin, Arabic Girl RosaLaine, RoseLayne
Sahar Arabic, Muslim Girl Saher, Sahir
Yasmin Arabic, Girl Yazmin, Yasmine, Yasmina, Yasmeen
Camila Arabic, Hispanic Girl Camilla, Camyla, Camilah, Camilee, Camilia, Camiley, Camilee
Amira Arabic, Hebrew Girl Amirra, Amirie, Amiry, Amiree, Amera, Mira

·

12:23 pm    November 8, 2008

Salem message
Samia, (Think of the meaning!)
Sumaya,
Alia (3alia),
Radia,
Batul,
Dawia
Izza
Zahia,
·

10:24 am    November 6, 2008

hudhud message
It just so happens Warda I was making fun of my *own* name, not others'... :)

word of the day: chided! :o) peace out, this thread's so done for me.

·

8:31 am    November 6, 2008

Blooming Warda message
Well Adnane, your intervention is much appreciated because this is getting out of hand, especially that hudhus showed so much hostility and childishness. Even her last comment exhibits some of her bitterness.

Hudhud, honey, I was not judging you, I was only responding to your hostile comments. As I said and as Adnane replicated, this is about Janet's child, so let Janet decide which is a nice name and which is not. You can not pick other people's choices and make fun of them, it's up to Janet.

I think you were harsh when you said "don't get so worked up" and that is why I had to respond to you in your own style. So please remember to treat people the same way you want them to treat you. Show respect to others and you will get it straight back.

Believe me I really have no hard feelings because I feel like I was dealing with a very young girl who still has so much to learn in life. I can never be upset with you but I hope you learnt something from this little talk. SHOW RESPECT, GET RESPECT. Good manners pay off. :) :)

Maria is a very good choice indeed Adnane. Miriam is also very popular in Morocco. It's my cousin's name

Peace and Love

·

5:25 pm    November 5, 2008

hudhud message
hmm.. I think Adnane is right Warda, reading something in writing can convey misunderstandings.. I certainly do express my opinions with lots of dry humor but I guess that doesn't always come through on a written format.. :D anyhow no harm intended, as I said these are just opinions. But I must say for you to judge others so quickly based on a little joke that didn't register, and to say they do not understand peace and love is rather harsh. Not that it bothers me :) I think I'll stop there with another smile :) no hard feelings!

Adnane, I like the name Maria a lot actually. :)

I'll suggest another: Farah. Happiness.

·

3:47 pm    November 5, 2008

Adnane Ben. message
Young ladies, hi, all what it is a simple misunderstanding of writing tone and intentions and plenty of smileys. Hudhud means no ridicule, and Warda means no ridicule. If I didn't know hudhud and warda's styles I wouldn't have come to this conclusion. So now, it would be great if we could find a name that you two agree on. Perhaps that would ultimately be the name Janet would pick.

janet what do you think of: M A R I A (it's a beautiful universal name that is common among in Morocco especially the villagers and Berbers for some odd reason, at least when I was there) ~ Rasta, you remember Maria?

·

3:33 pm    November 5, 2008

Blooming Warda message
You're taking yourself too seriously, ease up honey, life is too short and it's not worth all the trouble you're making about name choice especially when the baby is not even yours. So learn to respect other people's opinion especially where there is no Wrong or Right answer involved.

By the way, do not forget that you started by advising against the name in a ridiculing way, and by posting your humorless responses. LOL :o)))

Peace and Love, which I do not think you understand HUDHUD :o)

·

2:50 pm    November 5, 2008

hudhud message
ps: dont' get so worked up.. these are just opinions =)
·

2:49 pm    November 5, 2008

hudhud message
LOL!!

you're too funny.. :)

I do know who she is, babe, trust me.

And actually, I didn't get picked on at school. I just said it's not fun to go through that, but of course your'e right, kids do that to each other all the time ;)

Zuleja is indeed a beautiful name. I stand by my choice ;) But I didn't recommend it for an American child =D benti ma ghadiche tkoune marikaniyah ;o))

·

1:16 pm    November 5, 2008

Blooming Warda message
hudhud I just noticed that you earlier proposed the name of Zuleja. What a contradiction.

You say that a kid born and growing up in America should have an easily pronounced name and you come up with Zuleja, duh!!!.

Though it's a nice name but they do not call kids Zuleja in Morocco anymore. That's the type of name people pick on.

All respect to all Zuleja's in the world, a name that I really like very much

·

1:08 pm    November 5, 2008

Blooming Warda message
Well I do not think you know her or heard of her before because if you did you would know that they pronounce her name correctly and not like you try to make it sound like.

I can tell from your responses that you've been picked on at school because of your name. Well let me tell you something, American kids pick on other American kids who have pure European or American names, it's a natural process of growing up. They are kids, and you sound like one in your responses.

·

12:52 pm    November 5, 2008

hudhud message
I can read perfectly well my dear and I've seen her on tv and heard how Americans pronouncer her name..

all I'm saying is - Janet - and all other parents raising their kids in America with Arabic names - pick something easy.

It's not fun growing up with a weird name that no one can pronounce.

Unless of course, you really love having your kids sticking out like a sore thumb =D

·

11:29 am    November 5, 2008

Blooming Warda message
No they pronounce it the same way they read it: HODA QOTB, there is no E at the end of her last name, so they can not call her Kot-bee. I think you should read carefully sis. Are you wearing your contact lenses today? :o) :o) :o)
·

10:42 am    November 5, 2008

hudhud message
perhaps so Warda, but how do they pronounce her name?

Ho-duh kot-bee.

;o))

·

3:04 pm    November 4, 2008

Blooming Warda message
Actually hudhud, there is a TV anchor on NBC by the name of Hoda Qutb and everybody pronounces her name correctly. She appears a lot on the Today Show with Matt Lauer and Meridith Vieira.

·

2:12 pm    November 4, 2008

hudhud message
ps: Salma is a nice name, I always thought. simple, beautiful, and easy to say.
·

2:11 pm    November 4, 2008

hudhud message
if you don't live in an arabic speaking country I advise against naming your daughter houda. everyone will call her honda and ask, "oh, like the car??" :o))
·

9:39 am    November 4, 2008

Blooming Warda message
Presently, my favorite female names are: Ines, Shada, Houda, Nora. They are very simple but meaningful.
Ines: From Ouns = Sociable
Shada: Aromatic
Houda: right guidance, right path
Nora: the bright one; honor, light

·

7:58 pm    October 30, 2008

Omar Benmoussa message
Hey guys, how about Malak!! My daughter's name...I love it..and she does too...
Ok, how about Yusra? Aya!! I think Aya is merely beautiful, short, no nicknames can come out of it, and has a deep meaning...Aya means proof!!
I like Nura too, Firdous, Yaquut, Insaf...that's a great one. (Insaf = Justice)...That's all I could come up with for now, but guys please keep your suggestions coming, I'm too looking for a baby-girl's name for my next one incha allah!
Cheers.
·

6:06 pm    October 30, 2008

Rachida MERBOUH message
G H I T A
·

6:05 pm    October 30, 2008

Rachida MERBOUH message
C H A N A Z
·

4:40 pm    October 30, 2008

Adnane Ben. message

K E N Z A
·

3:16 pm    October 30, 2008

hudhud message
Zuleja (zulekha) is super pretty. It exists in arabic, spanish, persian, pashtun, urdu, and goodness only knows what other languages. I think it means the thin delicate glass that tile mosaics are made of.
·

2:48 pm    October 30, 2008

Rasta Gnawi message
Yasmin is a nice name. I always like the names Fadwa and Soukaina.
·

11:47 am    October 29, 2008

Salem message
Filda is a beutiful name I recently discovered in Morocco. The only bearer I know is now a young lady of 24 years old. When I told her that her name was beautiful, she said "Thank you, your comment would please my dad".
·

10:40 am    October 28, 2008

hudhud message
Jannah is a nice name. very popular now too. it means paradise but sounds like the American name Jenna. I like it.
·

9:02 am    October 28, 2008

youness yahya message
sara, meya, fati ( in morocco fatimazahra). mouna, Nadia, hannaa, Lamisse (my sister's name), Nora, Meryem...
·

janet 's notes (1)

looking for moroccan baby girl names..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!