Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

MOROCCO
Rasta Gnawi
boston, ma Massachusetts USA
Share on facebook
comments.
passport on vacation
08:25:38 AM Monday Aug 15, 2005

Man, I'm still waiting for my passport. The consule general is on vacation and it's backing everything up. Should I buy my ticket to Morocco anyway and assume that I'll get my passport before september? A little frustrating that I took a trip down there to hopefully return with it in hand.

I met this guy down there from Oujda. I could tell he was Oujdi from his accent as he was very vocal about the service, and why they don't have enough people working there etc. I was behind him in line, and I was very sleepy. I had to wake up before 5am that morning and run to the train station, then spend 4 hours on the train working on my models for work and fielding phone calls from my team. There was little room left in me to deal with more negative energy. I finally told him to chill; that getting all worked up won't make anyone's day any easier. He said "3ndek ssah." And turned around. I felt bad after that. There was a million different ways I could have told me to take it easy without cutting him off the way I did. I could have started conversation about something else, or tried to see what he was there for and if he needed extra help, or just try to ease his anxiety a little bit. But no, I chose to tell him that he was not making MY day easier. I felt very selfish. So I tapped him in the shoulders and apologized. I told me him that I hadn't had my cup of coffee yet (typical moroccan excuse: mazal ma ftert.) He was very calm and very friendly and said he hadn't had his either. It turned out we were there for the same reason. We both needed to go and get 4 photos and one express mail envelop. He felt even happier when I said I was from Oujda; he asked me where I lived, and I said "geddam hmmam lagar." he asked approvingly "rah 3ad temma dak lhemmam?" We chatted for a little more, and I ran out again to catch the 2 o'clock train back to Boston.

The thought that in a country of 250mln people, the one chance that I got to meet someone from my hometown in Morocco, I decided to be rude. I hope next time I will chose to be more accomodating.

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

2:05 pm    August 17, 2005
Moroccan Lady
Maaaaan!!! I wish I can see Moroccans where I am!! Rasta wassa3 khaterek, but you prove you have a good heart because you carried a little regret later!!
I decided to go to the Moroccan embassy once, I needed to see a Moroccan, speak to a Moroccan after a 6month period there, so I went, it was far(in btw, I still dont know why it is not in the capital where I live) anyway, they were rude, and I felt unwelcomed eventhough it is supposed to be home, the rule say that as a Moroccan you have to register in the Moroccan embassy of the country you live in, and when you go they dont welcome you, so I decided I will never go back there or any other embassy, and if I need any official paper I'll try and get it from home!
I heard a lot of stories about the embassy in Washington, I dealt with them one time, they were nice BUT ONLY because it was a death case I think!!
·

7:03 pm    August 15, 2005

hudhud message
yeah when a consul is en vacances, things get delayed..
good luck hope it works out..

·

Rasta Gnawi's notes (63)

Ramadan Mubarak..
Raioo versus Facebook..

Mercy..

eid?..
Ramdan Mabrouk..
rantings on a cloudy day..
Sardines..

drought..
salma salma..
Arabica..
agricultural / energy policy..
Doucement :)..
Mebrouk Remdan..
ghir bessyas a moulay!..
ONB - anyone going to concert or has tickets?..

Darfur..
Friday or Saturday?..
douga douga..
Cartoon Memories..
mudhakkiratou rihlati ljanoub..
From Africa, with love..
great film..
spicy chocolate..
a treat for you..
Nice piece for your weekend activities..
Another attempt at writing. Will this language ever feel nat..

Eid Mebrouk..
satellite..
Mebrouk Ramdan..
mshwi..
old fiction..
MS Mess..
their life... our life... their life.....
Islamic punk rock..
One Love..
free speech..
Resources..
Hammam ruminations..
old paintings..
date deals..

dmv..
book..
casa..
vortex..
name of the rose..
mostafa Akkad..
Eurika..
audioslave..
Paris riots..
Eid Mabrouk..
NYT lamb..
recipe..
badi3..
a pause from madness..
garden..
desert nights..
brain freeze..
organized tours..
passport on vacation..
good attire..
Hot day..

eCommerce..
Econ - Biz - What's The Pulse..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!