Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

MUSIC
Rumi
Madrid Spain
Share on facebook
comments.
Arab Classical Music
02:59:07 PM Monday Nov 12, 2007

Dear friends!

Once I had a treassure: 6 music albums of a Festival called Musique Classique Al-Arabiya dite Andalousi, that took place in Alger, in 1967. For personal reasons I had to leave Cuba and I could not bring the albums with me in my exile. So I would like to have those albums again and listen this excellent music again and again.

If some friend can help me in this search, I will be more than happy!!!

Cheers,
Rumi.

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

8:15 am    November 15, 2007
Rumi
Hi Adnane!

The albums were LP's, were green, and it was written in arab language "Musique Classique Al-Arabiya" in a big classic arab caligraphy and in french is written "dite Andaloussi" in a small font under the ban in arab. Then it said, at the bottom, "First Festival of Arab Classical Music in Alger, 1967".

The music, as no music was ever finished, from different interpreters and orchestras from all over the arab world: Moroc, Algerie, Lybia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, etc.

No other festival of Arab Classical Music has been performed since then, and it's a real pity. The festival was made under the rule of the government of Houari Boumédienne, and participated Cheikh Mustapha Belkhodja who won the golden medal playing the Rbeb.

I have found these albums on the internet, in google, etc, but it has not been possible to locate them. That is why I'm asking for help and information.

Thanks for your answer, it is very kind of you, and it would be very nice one day the arab world organizes this kind of festivals. It is good for people to have something great like music to unite them, as politics separate them.

Thank you very much, Adnane, for your answer. I hope we can talk more about arab culture and heritage.

Cheers,
Rumi.

·

10:35 pm    November 14, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
Rumi ~ were they CDs or LPs ? can you remember the cover colors? designs? orchestra names? there are many albums out there, a simple search on virgin, institut arabe, amazon or ebay can bring them out.
·

Rumi's notes (1)

Arab Classical Music..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!