Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
728 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

OPEN TALK
bb mm
boston Massachusetts Morocco
Share on facebook
comments.
relationship between moroccans in usa
01:14:10 PM Thursday Mar 12, 2009

i'm a moroccan who lives in boston , i need an open talk about moroccan in boston , why they behave like that ? why they avoid each others? why they fight each other and sabotage each other at jobs ..
moroccan in morocco are mostly cool , nice ,
i don't know what to say else ..

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

10:13 pm    March 13, 2009

bb mm message
true stories
let's start by talking about moroccans roomating , why there are so much problems between moroccans who share residence , i think we should do better , as far as i know most people who come here have an average education , so i excpected people to have a minimum of respect and maturite considiring also that we belong to a religion that
teach love and peace ..
jobs :i personaly had situations when moroccans who work with me , tried very hard to sabotage me , just because of jalousie even if i've never have intention to harm anyone under any circomstances ,,,
·

8:59 pm    March 13, 2009

Adnane Ben. message
Ok, I think I see what you mean by the social contract as a metaphor. Yeah, it would be nice I guess, although you're putting it in a very fancy and technical term :)

I am interested in reading more details from the original poster though, since I happen to live in Boston as well. So far he has been very subjective and general. He seems to be quiet angry and frustrated. I don't know all the Moroccans in Boston of course, and the ones I know are not bad, mostly because I'm selective who I hang out with and who I contact. I am sure, though, there are all sort of incorrect Moroccans out there and if one ever has the unfortunate chance of dealing with them you end up disappointed. It seems like the author above has been bit several times. Anecdotes and stories from his world would make us appreciate his post better, and help me understand the mechanics of the Moroccan community in Boston.

He mentioned three frustrations:

1. they avoid each other.
2. they fight each other.
3. they sabotage each other at jobs.

Any true stories?

·

7:51 pm    March 13, 2009

Salem message
To be a bit more specific: "pacta sunt servanda" in latin, (usually translated "pacts must be kept", but more literally "agreements are to be kept"). I am not using this concept in its legal signification. It's merely a kind of metaphor. I am referring to the social meaning of the "contract", to the "social contract" or the "social pact". We need to be inspired by the legal contract to build productive relationships within the Moroccan community, among nationals everywhere they happen to be. My 6 points list is far to be exhaustive. One can be more explicit if need be. According to legal scholar Sir John William Salmond, a contract is "an agreement creating and defining the obligations between two or more parties" (Wikipedia).

·

7:27 pm    March 13, 2009

Salem message
It's roughly the meaning of the points I listed in my previous comment. We need to be respectful, more transparent, clearly and sincerely position ourselves, indulgent, positive and collaborative. Some would say those are mundane remarks, commonplace, but if we try over some time we can see the results. I am talking from experience. Did I answer your question?
·

5:49 pm    March 13, 2009

Adnane Ben. message
What's a CONTRACTUAL BEHAVIOR?
·

8:32 am    March 13, 2009

bb mm message
that's excaclty what i was talking about , the question is how do we meet people with high qualities?
when u get harmed several times , u start thinking that it's better off to just being alone that take a risk to deal with someone who's under level,,
·

2:45 am    March 13, 2009

Salem message
In order for us to succeed in "being united", a number of requirements are needed;

1) RESPECT each other,
2) Agree EXPLICITELY on subjects of common interest
3) Not EXPECT TOO MUCH one from the other?
4) RECOGNIZE OUR MISTAKES and SINCERELY APOLOGIZE,
5) Communicate on Collaboration SUCCESS STORIES,
6) ...... Netloub attesleem li rijal wa nissa2 lebled elly 7na fiha.

One of the cardinal weaknesses from which OUR culture suffers is the lack of "CONTRACTUAL BEHAVIOUR". Let us seriously test this strategy and
hopefully we will gain momentum.

·

2:43 am    March 13, 2009

Salem message
In order for us to succeed in "being united", a number of requirements are needed;

1) RESPECT each other,
2) Agree EXPLICITELY on subjects of common interest
3) Not EXPECT TOO MUCH one from the other?
4) RECOGNIZE OUR MISTAKES and SINCERELY APOLOGIZE,
5) Communicate on Collaboration SUCCESS STORIES,
6) ...... Netloub attesleem li rijal wa nissa2 lebled elly 7na fiha.

One of the cardinal weaknesses from which culture suffers is the lack of "CONTRACTUAL BEHAVIOUR". Let's seriously test this strategy and
hopefully we gain momentum.

·

11:35 pm    March 12, 2009

bb mm message
well, in general , as a immigrants from the same country , having same culture we suppose to be united , help each other , atleast to fight the feeling of estrangement, in the mean time we can go as far as creating a good communities that can work to improving our lives here and corporate in politic issues in our original country MOROCCO ..
·

5:06 pm    March 12, 2009

Adnane Ben. message
Wow, This is a very interesting post! can you please elaborate more? any anecdotes? stories? situations? give us the beef.
·

bb mm's notes (1)

relationship between moroccans in usa..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!