Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

OPEN TALK
Rasta Gnawi
boston, ma Massachusetts USA
Share on facebook
comments.
audioslave
07:57:06 AM Tuesday Nov 8, 2005

I am so bummed I missed Audioslave's tour in Boston. I even had it marked in my calendar, but somehow, in the midst of work, school, and everything else, it became a blur. Audioslave is rage against the machine's reincarnation without Zack's vocals. My experience with RAGM started in the 90's when I first heard the songs "wake up" and "Maria." Maria in particular evoked a lot of emotions. It was a graphic and emotional story of a Mexican immigrant girl. Zack's vocals so firm, unyielding, and defying gave the song the type of martyrdom qualities we grew up inspiring to back home. Then there was the song "a bullet in the head." Speaks so eloquently of today's times.

Tom Morello's guitar play was so intense it felt like the flame that ignited the fire coming out of Zack's mouth. Tom Morello's background is most intriguing. Born into an inter-racial family, his father a member of the Kenyan UN delegation and his mother a well-traveled activist born in France. Despite a bachelor's degree from Harvard, he works the guitar like a music school pro.

The base and percussion works are impecable. Just listen to the song "year of the boomerang." You will be overwhelmed between instruments not sure which to follow.

Has anyone seen the band before? I think they're in LA. Any news?

Jah bless

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

7:16 pm    November 9, 2005

Rasta Gnawi message
Looks like Hudhud is gonna have to give the scoop once they come through town. I wonder if there are any concert recording available, kind of like phish.
·

4:14 pm    November 9, 2005

hudhud message
they were in dallas on 10/23, will be in long beach on 11/18, and in vegas on 11/19.
·

3:40 pm    November 9, 2005
Better_m
Hudhud, how did you know? Cos I didn't hear anything about it. I thought their new album is just out, so It will take them sometime before they start touring.
Adnane, Black hole sun is a good song, the video clip is freaky though. I don't know if you heard the song 'spoonman' from the same album 'Superunknown'.
Rasta garcia, I went back and listened to 'Year of the boomerang', great lyrics.
·

2:50 pm    November 9, 2005

hudhud message
better_m weren't they just in dallas last month?
they'll be in my hometown on the 18th ;) oh yeah..
·

2:23 pm    November 9, 2005

Rasta Gnawi message
Hey Better_m,
Bulls in parade is a crazy song. Tom Morello makes the guitar sound like a scratch table. Just ingenius. I heard a rendition of it by this group called Evasl, the lead singer was a lady; it was above my expectations.
Let us know how the Dallas concert goes, since I missed the Boston one :(
·

2:18 pm    November 9, 2005

Adnane Ben. message
I will never forget that beautiful wakeup I had on a beautiful dawn morning in Saidia beach on the sounds of Chris Cornell performing Black Hole Sun... I had left the radio on a moderate volume for the night, it was tuned to some Spanish channel. And there goes Black Hole Sun... it was such a heavenly experience!
·

1:44 pm    November 9, 2005
Better_m
yes, I am a big fan of Audioslave. It's Chris cornell the singer of Soundgarden, and the rest of Rage against the machine band. A great combination of sound and lyrics. Chris cornell's voice is one of the best voices during the Grunge era, when bands like Nirvana, Pearl jam, soundgarden, and Alice in chains emerged from Seattle.
I have the 1st self titled album, a good album. Not so many bands can have a great success during their 1st album but audioslave did.
Tom Morello is genius, He makes great sounds out of his guitar. I was sad when RATM split up, cos to me they are one of the best bands in the world. Rasta garcia, I think 'Bulls in parade' is one of your favorites, also ' freedom'.
Last summer, audioslave performed down in Havana, cuba.so, I am waiting impatiently to see them down in Dallas, when they start their New album's US tour.
Peace out.
·

5:26 pm    November 8, 2005

hudhud message
probably *the* single most planned city in california if not nationwide. disgustingly sterile lol :o)) it's good to know where the artists are from, helps you understand them better..

http://www.ci.irvine.ca.us/

·

5:14 pm    November 8, 2005

Rasta Gnawi message
what is irvine?
·

1:18 pm    November 8, 2005

hudhud message
coach roach was their history teacher..
·

1:17 pm    November 8, 2005

hudhud message
i was just lunching with my carpool buddy and we talked about this a bit. as it turns out, she went to the same high school as Zack, uni high in irvine. "coach roach" was their high school teacher.. i figured Zack was an OC guy, but didn't guess irvine. lol this is too funny..
·

9:54 am    November 8, 2005

hudhud message
audioslave's gonna be in the LBC soon... re: LA events, you can always check:
http://www.calendarlive.com/
http://www.laweekly.com/
·

Rasta Gnawi's notes (63)

Ramadan Mubarak..
Raioo versus Facebook..

Mercy..

eid?..
Ramdan Mabrouk..
rantings on a cloudy day..
Sardines..

drought..
salma salma..
Arabica..
agricultural / energy policy..
Doucement :)..
Mebrouk Remdan..
ghir bessyas a moulay!..
ONB - anyone going to concert or has tickets?..

Darfur..
Friday or Saturday?..
douga douga..
Cartoon Memories..
mudhakkiratou rihlati ljanoub..
From Africa, with love..
great film..
spicy chocolate..
a treat for you..
Nice piece for your weekend activities..
Another attempt at writing. Will this language ever feel nat..

Eid Mebrouk..
satellite..
Mebrouk Ramdan..
mshwi..
old fiction..
MS Mess..
their life... our life... their life.....
Islamic punk rock..
One Love..
free speech..
Resources..
Hammam ruminations..
old paintings..
date deals..

dmv..
book..
casa..
vortex..
name of the rose..
mostafa Akkad..
Eurika..
audioslave..
Paris riots..
Eid Mabrouk..
NYT lamb..
recipe..
badi3..
a pause from madness..
garden..
desert nights..
brain freeze..
organized tours..
passport on vacation..
good attire..
Hot day..

eCommerce..
Econ - Biz - What's The Pulse..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!