Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

OPEN TALK
Salem
Rabat Morocco
Share on facebook
comments.
Isn't Nina a Gnawya?
07:20:50 PM Saturday Aug 18, 2007

Listen to the beauty of this live version of "Ain't Got No... I've Got Life" of the Great Nina Simone.

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

2:58 pm    May 31, 2008

Salem message
أراد رجل أن يبيع بيته

لينتقل إلى بيت أفضل..

فذهب إلي احد أصدقائه وهو رجل أعمال وخبير في أعمال التسويق... وطلب منه أن يساعده في كتابه إعلان لبيع البيت وكان الخبير يعرف البيت جيداً فكتب وصفاً مفصلاً له أشاد فيه بالموقع الجميل والمساحة الكبيرة ووصف التصميم الهندسي الرائع ثم تحدث عن الحديقة وحمام السباحة..... الخ... وقرأ كلمات الإعلان علي صاحب المنزل الذي أصغى إليه في اهتمام شديد

وقال... أرجوك أعد قراءه الإعلان ....

وحين أعاد الكاتب القراءة صاح الرجل يا له من بيت رائع ..

لقد ظللت طول عمري أحلم باقتناء مثل هذا البيت ولم أكن أعلم إنني أعيش فيه إلي أن سمعتك تصفه
ثم أبتسم قائلاً من فضلك لا تنشر الإعلان

فبيتي غير معروض للبيع!!!

هناك مقولة قديمه تقول

أحصي البركات التي أعطاها الله لك واكتبها واحدة واحدة وستجد نفسك أكثر سعادة مما قبل ...

إننا ننسى أن نشكر الله تعالى لأننا لا نتأمل في البركات ولا نحسب ما لدينا... ولأننا نرى المتاعب فنتذمر ولا نرى البركات.

قال أحدهم :

إننا نشكو لأن الله جعل تحت الورود أشواك...وكان الأجدر بنا أن نشكره لأنه جعل فوق الشوك وردا ...!!

Listen to Nina. She's got so many good things to be thankful for. She's got life.

·

4:53 pm    August 21, 2007

hudhud message
she was very much so spirited and vocal about the Civil Rights Movement.
The High Priestess of Soul

·

4:33 pm    August 21, 2007
Salem
Didn't know she once was marryed to a north african (tunisian)!!! and didn't know she was that much politically engaged to defend a global cause. In the Hard Talk interview she said that for her, music was second to nothing.
·

2:24 pm    August 21, 2007

Antr McShaddad (Yahia.L) message
Nina on hard talk program :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4637Ez3-as

·

3:48 am    August 21, 2007
Salem
She actually looks even more Gnawya in the song "I put a spell on you" in the Canada concert, the robe, the jewellery and the hair cut... the musicians, the guitarist, are amazingly perfect. Nina left us so much beauty, may she rest in peace, for ever.
·

6:43 pm    August 20, 2007

There is definitely a message of fertility there.
May her boobies rest in peace.
·

6:43 pm    August 20, 2007

There is definitely a message of fertility there.
May her boobies rest in peace.
·

5:47 pm    August 20, 2007

hudhud message
one of my fav's. and yes she is une vraie gnawiya - spells and all :)
I put a spell on you
oh the passion, the raw sheer energy, the true spirit and emotion...

and look at the lovely woven African style robe she's wearing in this more recent concert in canada:
spell

mbouchi, here this one has the lyrics -- you can also just google "nina simone lyrics" and find all her songs.

and people - don't tell me this doesn't make you cry. if it doesn't -- you have NO HEART!! lol =P
nina simone rendition of ne me quitte pas

·

5:35 pm    August 20, 2007

hudhud message
LOL!! omg you guys are too funny!!
·

4:23 pm    August 20, 2007
Salem
Adnane, when I read your comment on her "got her boobies" and the link you made with the nurturing ability symbol, I thought right away: Africa.
·

2:54 pm    August 20, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
Mboushi, Antr and Salem answered you well. We tend to overlook the bliss of simply being a human. Because the human creature, naked and raw from any status, has much to be proud and thankful for: our eyes, ears, fingers, hands, legs, skin. I'll try to write down the lyrics when I get some time. Hmmmmm, yet even if you read them I doubt they would have the same impact as if you heard her perform them under that soul-filled music and minimalist notes.

Antr, Salem, she also says she's got her boobies :) a symbol of nurturing.

·

12:52 pm    August 20, 2007
Salem
She says she has nothing that people consder basics but she is 7amdallah that she got life and freedom that nobody can take from her.

·

9:41 am    August 20, 2007

She says that even if you would be Mboushi.... Hmedllah, you still got a life :-)

A master piece !

·

6:07 am    August 20, 2007
MBOUCHI
waw, I say that is the good and clean music.
Please, I would like to know what Nina says in the song ? and what is she songing about ? TX
·

12:51 am    August 20, 2007

hudhud message
I love Nina Simone. The first time I heard any of her songs was her rendition of the classic "Ne me quitte pas" by Jacques Brel. I was floored!!
·

9:03 pm    August 19, 2007

Adnane Ben. message
A very commanding voice!

I'm sure she has inspired many through her words and music,

That's as human as music can get!

·

Salem's notes (11)

Ennio Morricone reminds the Rbatis of the cinema golden age..
March 8, the International Working Woman's Day..
A matter of pride!..
Is luxury a thing of the past?..
Persception, gouts et priorités d'actions des gens!..

What a beautiful life story!..
Mawazine Festival 2008..

Multilingual = Multidimensional ..
Shining ability is a gift.....
El Sombrero y el Tazar..
Isn't Nina a Gnawya?..

FAVORITES

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!