Your email: Password [ reset ]
   -> create a personal or business account for free in seconds!

where moroccans click!

about · terms
PEOPLE
GROUPS
BUSINESSES
DISCUSSIONS
727 members
8 groups, 40 businesses
1140 discussions, 13544 comments

SPIRITUAL
hudhud
USA
Share on facebook
comments.
The Prayer of Taif
11:21:43 AM Friday Feb 10, 2006

This was an eloquent response by a local mosque leader in the UK to the noise surrounding the cartoon protests around the world. Truly valuable words for those who will take heed.
"While Muslims once again fall into the reactionary trap set for them and confirm the thesis of the offending cartoons by exploding in rage and
violence, we would do well to reflect upon the Prophet's supplication in Taif. This is the dua he recited with shoes full of blood, wounds all
over his body and after having been insulted and abused by the people of Taif. What's more, this all occurs after three years of suffering a boycott
at the hands of the Quraysh as a result of which Muslims were reduced to eating grass and leaves off of trees.

The Prophet (s) as he walks out of Taif:

"O Allah! I complain to You of my weakness, my scarcity of resources and my humiliation before the people. O Most Merciful of those who are
merciful. O Lord of the weak and my Lord too. To whom have you entrusted me? To a distant person who receives me with hostility? Or to an enemy to whom you have granted authority over my affair? So long as You are not angry with me, I do not care. Your favor is of more abundance to me. I seek refuge in the light of Your Face by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world
and the next is set right, lest Your anger or your displeasure descend upon me. I desire your pleasure and satisfaction until you are pleased. There is no power and no might except by You."

If those who claim to love the Prophet (s) so much that they are willing to infringe upon prophetic conduct with their blind rage and fury would
reflect upon this prayer, it would be a guiding light for them and a clear instruction as to how a Muslim should respond to our current situation. It is also the only salve by which troubled hearts and souls will find peace. It will not be found on pickets and demonstrations - not that these may not be useful in making clear our reverence for the sacred and the divine.

In my jum'ah khutbah today, I spoke on this prayer and while there were some whose hearts and eyes were cooled by it, it was obvious to me that there were many who were so caught up in anger that they could not hear. For whom does the Prophet's saying: 'Islam is good character' mean anything
anymore? Are we to revert to pre-Islamic tribal norms of vengeance and retribution rather than see this as an opportunity to turn hearts by sharing the
example of our beloved Prophet's centredness and compassion in the face of hate and enmity with those whose hearts are open. Are we to fall into the major sin of despair-fuelled violence rather than maintain hope as the Prophet (s) did when the angel of the mountains met him outside Ta'if following his supplication and offered to cause
the mountains surrounding Taif to explode over the town and obliterate it to which the Prophet (s) replied 'No, I hope that these people will one
day come to worship only Allah and Him alone'?

Unless we have the centredness and the Allah-consciousness of the Prophet (s) by which every event whether favorable or unfavorable (in material
terms) offers us the opportunity of strengthening our relationship with Allah, we will continue to be the victim of every ruse and ploy. Rather than reacting with violence and rage we should intensify our work to share the beautiful and merciful message of the Deen especially now that the Prophet (s) is headline news. Let the Prophet's prayer of Taif be printed in European newspapers as the example of his supreme magnanimity and patience. Violence, death threats and fury only betray a lack of trust in the power and light of the sacred which is illustrated in the Prophet's experience in the garden outside Taif when persons who overheard his prayer were moved byit to come to Islam. Moreover, on the way back to Mecca after this experience, many jinn who happened to hear the Prophet's recitation of the Qur'an in his night prayer also came to Islam. And not long thereafter the Prophet (s) was conveyed on his night journey and ascent to heaven. Verily with difficulty comes ease.

Yet with today's anouncement of 'eminent' Muslim scholars of a 'Day of Outrage', I fear we have become nothing but saboteurs. Why not a Day of Remembrance of the Prophet, Why not a Day of Tremendous Prophetic Character? Why not a Day of the Prayer of Taif?

I recommend that we circulate the Prayer of Taif at this time as an antidote to all of the madness and poison of emotional maelstroms. May Allah guide us to that which is right and grant us the tremendous fortune of seeing our enemies as our close friends to whom we have the duty of conveying the love of Allah and his Prophet (s). Ameen.

Allah knows best."

The content of this page —graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2007 prospective author, and Raioo, Inc., only when stated otherwise, and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

Where Moroccans Click!
Create an account in seconds
to start new topics, leave comments, express yourself, make Moroccan friends and Morocco-loving friends, build long lasting connections, buy and sell, join groups and events, share photos, cook, message, and more.

2:59 pm    February 14, 2006

hudhud message
glad you liked it too :)
i can't imagine that.. the sahaba had a very tough time, but they were also very lucky..
allahouma shafi3hou fina wa alhiqna bihi ya arham arrahimine..
·

9:55 am    February 14, 2006

Rasta Gnawi message
Very nice reminder of the prphet. Thanks hudhud.

How nice it would have been to live with the prophet.

·

12:35 pm    February 13, 2006

hudhud message
i think it's a nice *big* prayer ;) very deep, very powerful, very touching in its reminder of the greater perspective we need to keep in mind in this life..our main goal and purpose is not to riot but to worship.. anger is natural when someone accuses some person or thing that is dear to us, and who could be more beloved to a muslim than the prophet 3alayhi ssalate wassalam? but he taught us to restrain our anger, to control it, to behave in a more fruitful response... and more than anything else, to keep close to the One who ultimately is testing us all in these situations..
·

8:30 am    February 13, 2006

Adnane Ben. message
[what happens to me, what struggles you put me in]

That is a nice little prayer.

This guy echoes some of my sentiments. I realized that the cartoon show brought to surface two thoughts, two types of Muslims, and yet maybe a minority of Muslims who overlap both types. The First type is very introvert, the self-critic and clearly apparent in the above article (I can also relate with). The second type is the critic of the other, the extrovert, represented by the angry protestors. The overlapping minority among the two care to balance both types, take their time, and in my opinion yield a better reaction.

·

hudhud's notes (47)

A Year for Tlemcen..
generation news ..

where did the spaniard go?..
why khaled will always remain king..

from business English to business French....
Chicken Bastilla Alger Style..
el mektoub, el mektoub..
3D views of famous mosques and palaces..

Rest in Peace Miriam Makeba..
Walking to Guantanamo - book & photos by Richard Fleming..
From a Tourist's Eyes..
Waiting for Pasolini || En Attendant Pasolini..
La Maison Jaune || The Yellow House film by Amor Hakkar..
on the politics of blaming history.....
Samira's Garden directed by Latif Lahlou..
Dayton, Ohio mosque targeted in 'gas incident'..
eidkoum mebrouk..
Obsession with Hate..
"home is where the heart is.."..
ARRANGED..
Coming to a Sky Near You: Total Lunar Eclipse..
Reading the Koran - an Essay by Tariq Ramadan..

Amina Alaoui Lyrics..
Amina Alaoui..
Hrira Tastes Better with.....
Cool Site: GNAWA STORIES..
GOT GNAWA?..
The Ancient Texts of Timbouktou..
the Wonderful World of Weaving..
Take me to La Casbah....

Tagines..
Morocco In Between..
Name that Poet..
Indig?nes..
Cheikha Rimitti: 83 Years of Life.....
The Prayer of Taif..
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Islam..

FLAMENCO..
Hotel Figueroa - Mexican Morrocana..
Roman Ruins in North Africa..
Great Mosques..
Recipe: Quince Preserves..
Andalusi terminology..
Receipe: Almond Crescents..
Al-Andalus: Words Worth Gold..
Vintage travel posters..
Khoubz eddar..

FAVORITES
Nouria El Yacoubi From Figuig: Moroccan Champion of Karate Cannot See Her Opponent

about raioo ~ terms
All contents © copyright 1999-2017 for Adnane Benali and respective authors. Aside from properly referencing and linking content, No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of raioo writings, artwork and/or related content allowed without written permission from the respective author or publisher (raioo.com).

where moroccans click!